Fall has arrived and I wanted to create a Keto Pumpkin Donut for everyone out there that is following the Keto way of eating and wanted to enjoy some pumpkin flavored treats! These donuts are light, fluffy and do not taste low-carb or that you are missing out on anything. They come in at only 3 net carbs each donut! So go ahead and have a cup of coffee and enjoy some of what fall has to offer.
The perfect pan for the job is the Pampered Chef Donut Pan you can purchase it with the link provided. It is durable and bakes the donuts to perfection. You would never know they aren’t fried.
I have found that I really like the taste of erythritol or monk fruit for my sweetener in my recipes. Swerve has been my go to sweetener and they offer it in granular, confectioner and brown sugar. I prefer this brand because I don’t taste the weird after taste that most artificial sweeteners have. In fact, I just made oatmeal raisin cookies for my family and I ran out of brown sugar so I just replaced with the Swerve brown sugar and no one has said anything about the taste and they have eaten many cookies!
Serendipity In The Ozarks is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Almond flour is such a great substitute to regular flour. A good helpful hint here is to keep your almond flour in your freezer! I used the blanched almond flour for this recipe. You can also use the super-fine almond flour but I liked the nice surprise of the little pieces of almond in the donut.
A couple of helpful hints to do while making these donuts.
- Use a silicone or a metal donut pan to bake these donuts
- Use an icing bag or a sandwich bag with corner cut to easily fill the cavities of the donut pan mold.
- use a combination of both blanched almond flour and coconut flour to achieve a fluffy and moist sponge
Keto Low-Carb Pumpkin Donuts
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tbl. Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbl. Butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup Swerve Brown Sugar Sweetener
- 1 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 Tbl. Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Tsp. Xanthan Gum
- 1 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/8 Tsp. Pink Himilayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 2 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 1/2 Tbl. Butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, vanilla, swerve brown sugar sweetener, until smooth and combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, , pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & stir until just combined.
- Transfer batter evenly into a greased 12 cavity metal or silicone donut pan filling to the top.
- Bake in preheated oven 350F for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove pan from the oven and set aside until the donuts are cool enough to handle.
- While the donuts are baking, stir together the granulated sweetener and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl.In a separate small heat-safe bowl, melt butter.
- Take each cooled donut and lightly dunk or brush with melted ghee then roll into the cinnamon/sweetener coating.
- Repeat with remaining donuts.