If you are looking for something sweet and don’t want to put much time into a project. These Cherry Crumble Bars fit the bill! They use a regular yellow boxed cake mix as the base and a few ingredients. In a few quick
Cherry Crumble Bars
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
- 1 Can Whole Cherries
- 3 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Mix cake mix and softened butter in a mixer until just crumbly.
- In an 8" x 8" glass or metal greased pan, spread 1/2 the mix in bottom and press. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix constarch and sugar together. Set aside. In a small saucepan add canned cherries, cornstarch and sugarm mixture and lemon juice. Heat till boiling and continue to stir till thick.
- Add cherry mixture on top of pressed dough and spread evenly. Add crumbly mixture on top by hand careful to spread the crumbles evenly.
- Bake at 350˚ for 12 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cool completly and cut into 12 squares. Drizzle frosting, optional.